One (of the many) things that I love about being married to Chris is that the more we learn about each other, the more we seem to have in common. Although we grew up on completely different sides of town, attending different high schools, different churches, and different colleges we still somehow seem to have had very similar childhoods. Raising Carson and watching him grow has brought to light even more similarities between Chris and I. For example...
anyone remember the Noah song from Sunday school? You know the one...
The Lord said to Noah, there's gonna be a floody floody
The Lord said to Noah, there's gonna be a floody floody
Get those animals out of the muddy muddy!
Children of the Lord
Well recently we have discovered that this is Carson's absolute favorite book. And friends, I must be honest, there are days Chris and I hide the thing from baby boy because we just can't stand to sing (or listen to the other one sing, for that matter) the song again. Because once you sing it, it's in your head all day long. Precious song, really it is, but miserable to sing it all day.
This past week, on a day when we didn't hide the book from baby, I caught a few moments of Chris singing to Carson.
My favorite thing about it? The little shoulder shimmy that Chris does during the song...and then the subsequent head shimmy that Carson immitates. So many things a man can't do in front of the buddies, but will gladly do for his son....love it.
4 comments:
LOVE it! We have that book, too. I love the shimmy from Carson before Chris even gets to that part. So cute!! I also love the barks towards the end of Chris' singing. HA! :)
oh my goodness. That was so ADORABLE! Carson is getting so big!
So precious. I will have to look for that book. Garrison would love that. I recently bought Psalty videos for him to watch and he loves them. Remember Psalty! Good old times at Northwest!
Love, Love, Love it!!! I'll be happy to take that book off your hands when you need a break, as I can't remember all the words to the song and have such fond memories of it! :)
Post a Comment