I moaned and moaned about this until someone was kind enough to help a sista out.
Alas, good 'ol mom to the rescue! She calls last week and says no worries.
Mom: I will stop by the local Sally's Beauty Supply store and get you some of that spray on shampoo!
Callie: What? That stuff really exists?
Mom: Sure! Several ladies here at work have used it and say it's great!
So naturally, I trust mom and tell her to execute the plan. She shows up with this.
I offer her my greasy hair and she lets loose. I wind up looking like this...
WHAT?!?!
We both almost peed in our pants laughing so hard. What the heck is this stuff? Why in heavens did it turn my hair white?! We quickly reverted back to the directions on the can and proceeded to brush out the white powder, hoping the greasiness had disappeared.
The end result?
Not so bad. However, you can tell by the look on my face that I am a little scared about this whole process. It did take out some of the nasties that were living in my greasy hair but not enough to win my approval.
The solution? Return Sally her this-can-turns-your-hair-white product and put a cup over my ear in the shower. I can't handle any more of the spray shampoo.
13 comments:
Just peed all over myself!!!!!!!!! What the heck!!!!!! Still laughing!!!!!!!!!
AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! L-O-L TO THE MAX! Hysterical!! Girl you look crazy!!!
That is so stinkin' funny!!!
You know, they do make a better product. it is waterless shampoo. We used it on my grandpa when he was in hospice care before he died. It lathers, and then dries. You can still style your hair and everything. Just in case you care....
Oh my! I never knew such a thing existed, but I am so glad to have been warned. Glad that wasn't permanent. :)
Kara beat me to it, but I was going to tell you about the same stuff. We use it all the time on pre-term labor patients that aren't allowed to shower. You should see if you like it any better.
So, how long until you can wash your hair the right way? That is going to be one long, glorious shower!
Praying for a quick recovery.
Girl - you just wasted your money (or your mama's money!!) Back in the old days when I was a teenager we used the old granny trick of baby powder. Had basically the same outcome you had with the spray. It worked much better on blondes than brunettes (like yourself!!) I didn't ever do it very often cause your hair may look better - but it felt even dirtier than it did before you used the baby powder. But it did work pretty good in a real crunch! Next time just pull out Carson's baby powder!!
But your hair did look cute "after" the brushing!
Love you, Mammy
That is hysterical!!!
I went to buy a product called NO RINSE that was highly recommended, the girl at Sally's talked me into this even though she had never tried it herself, said many people buy this. We got a good laugh and it went back to Sally's for a full refund.
Mom
your hair looks good all the time anyway, it doesn't need to be washed everyday
OH MY GOSH, this is HILARIOUS!! I am dying!! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't shower - I'm with ya on the wasking your hair everyday thing. A MUST! I hope you are feeling ok!!
Oh my gosh! I think I wet myself too! The funny thing is I've tried something like that before! You are hilarious! Bumble and Bumble makes stuff like that....give that a try (you can pick brown or blonde) you wont turn into a grandma
sarah
So funny! People in class were lookin' at me funny when I was laughing at that picture...so, long story short, random people from all over the country (here in Vegas) have seen your fun hair! :) Lol.
OHHHH!!! MY GOODNESS!!!! Crack me up!!! I think I may have woken up my son with my laughing so hard!!!!!!! I can't believe you took a picure of this. :) I love you girl!
Yeah, that's stinkin' HILARIOUS!! So glad to be reading your blog again - the fast was good but difficult at times...like missing something like this!! :)
Post a Comment