Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Little Crafty and a LOT Crazy!

Here's what I have been up to lately...


That's right.  I have kicked up my craftiness a notch and decided to make myself a summer time dress.  It is actually coming together quite well, I must admit.  However, the nastiness of interfacing has gotten the best of me and I am now in need of my  mother to come rescue me!  I wanted so badly to whip this dress together so that I could wear it at church tomorrow.  You know, walk in and say "Oh this old thing?  No big deal, just a little something I sewed up this weekend." (wink, wink) But it's looking like this plan is doomed to fail.  Don't get me wrong, the dress will look couture (ha!) when I am finished with it, but right now the rough edges and crooked seams deem it unsuitable for Sunday morning.  No worries...as soon as mom can shimmy on over here to steer me in the right direction I will post pictures of my first home made dress!

I have also decided to kick up my athleticism (or lack there of) a notch.  On Monday I will be starting boot camp again.  Remember the last time?  I'm glad I blogged about this because I have no recollection of it.  I seem to block out painful memories like that.  But I keep telling myself that bathing suit season is right around the corner.  Oh Lord, help me survive that!  And please multiply the benefits of this boot camp.  This mama needs the help!

5 comments:

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

Can't tell you how many Saturdays I spend making a new dress for Sunday! Like you, worked really hard trying to get it finished. Sometimes late into the night. Many times I was successful...many not so. Never, ever thought of running to the mall to shop for a new dress for Sunday. Brandon was a baby before we even had a mall in my town. Closest thing we had was Sears or Pennys. Still never, ever did that - we were too poor or I was just too "guilt-ridden" knowing I could make a dress for just a few dollars. But that interfacing stuff....I just skipped it! I didn't sew by the rules too much. hmmmmm...sounds pretty much like most every other thing I did...never sewed by the "rules", never cooked by the rules. I did drive by the rules though...never had a ticket until I was almost 50 yrs old. Couldn't EVEN talk that officer out of giving me a ticket! Still a little bitter on that. Keep trying with that dress....you're way ahead of Ashley. Gave her a sewing machine for a birthday many years ago...she's NEVER used it!
Mammy

to be made whole said...

LOVE LOVE LOVING the fabric you picked out - where ever did you find such haute threads? So proud of you!!!

Anonymous said...

You're doing a great job! Don't let her kid you "This girls go talent" ya'll!! ha
mom

Martha and Stephen Stadler said...

Wow, you do have some mad skills! I am very impressed!
And good luck with the boot camp, you are a brave woman!

Ellis Party of 5 said...

Ha ha!!! I'm in the same boat! I am making the gumdrop ottoman by amy butler. NEVER opened my sewing machine before in my life!! I thought..no biggie I'll just figure it out..Callie, I cant even cut a straight line even with my forty dollar scissors!!! Its awful but I have NO one to rescue me. I think if I still lived there we'd get ourselves in a lot of craft trouble.