If you are a mom, you know what I am about to say. It's true in every household, every culture, every country.
No two children are the same.
This is both a blessing and a curse.
I love that my children are walking, talking, breathing proof that there is a God. And that he is a creative God. He makes each of us unique. It's quite amazing.
But oh my word, trying to manage a house with 4 distinct, needy, opinionated, bossy and active children is so confusing!
At any given moment I will have...
One crying sister. {because said pirate just hit her with his sword}
One silly sister.
One baby sister who holds her own.
There are times during my days that I simply stand still in the house. Kids will be screaming, TV will be blaring, dog will be barking. And I just stop and listen to it all. And I smile because I know that all too soon this stage will pass. And we will move on to different stages, filled with much more difficult problems and much more serious drama. So today, I'll take the simple life of playing dress up, changing diapers, filling sippy cups, and wiping tears.
9 comments:
amen sister.
Love seeing pictures of your four distinct adorable kiddos.
Yes ma'am!!
How cute. I love those 4 different kids. :)
Gosh, your kids are cute! I have 2 boys (ages 3 and 1) so I can totally relate to the rough & tough pirate and then younger sibling crying because of being hit with the sword - but in our case it's because he's not sharing the sword! :)
Just wanted to give you a hug from far away... I am parenting six children and I feel that you are going through very similar emotions like me... Day after day coming and going... And the routine, that is so necessary but yet so demanding, because we are longing for a change. And on the other hand the feeling that nothing else can be so important like our all so different children!
Have an inspiring day!
Love,
Yushka Brand from Germany
YES!
Oh, my. I so needed to stubble upon your blog! I have a 6 year-old boy, 2.5 year old twin girls, and an 8 month-old baby boy. I feel exactly like your "Real" post lately, and I've had some tough times figuring out what my problem is. You put it perfectly. I am being selfish and I just need to love my family. Feel free to check out my blog... I haven't updated in a while, though. I hope you don't mind if I continue to read yours.
I just found your blog and totally agree with you. I also have 4 kids, 2 boys-12 & 3 1/2, 2 girls-10. (My girls are twins also.) All 4 of them have the most different personalities. The age difference between the youngest and the other 3 doesn't help some things but it's all worth it in the end.
Way to go! I totally hear ya! So fun and so busy. We have a 3 year old (almost 4) and twin (almost) 2 year old boys. :)
Post a Comment